Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Two Minds

What's NOT to Like

I rather like to read what people write on their blogs. Some people actually are people, I mean they are not simply consumers who themselves are consumed by their lives, beliefs, desires, associates, creativity, whatever.

Cooperation

I found my way to this beautiful blog from this beautiful blog after reading from my friend Glynis's blog, a lovely lady with whom I once collaborated from one side of the Earth to the other, to build a website. It was fun, but like so many things we do, it came to precious little, but it shows that cooperation can work if we want it to work.

So Much to Like
There must be billions of wonderful people in this world. Wow!

It's a few rotten apples give the rest a bad name. Maybe I am just a little bit down after listening to a reading of Captain Brian Steadle's The Devil Came on Horseback, an observers account of the genocide in Darfur, topped up by Wikipedia-ing the war in Kosovo. I could go on but I don't think most people really think much about genocide. A realisation that Captain Brian Steadle also came to.

Did you know: Daniel Goldhagen points out that twice as many people have died as a result of genocide since the start of the 20th century than have died as a result of wars during the same time period. It's a bigger problem than you might think.

Joy to all beings :(



No comments: