Saturday, August 6, 2011

Paradise Pie

Oh How We Played

The earliest things that I can remember must've been from when I was very, very young since I recall suckling from my mother. Although I euphemistically refer to this as a memory, perhaps the word impression would render a better description since it is a rather hazy, indistinct collection of floating, visual imagery and incoherent emotions coupled with a feeling somewhat akin to wonder.

Events I can remember from later, form a veritable sketch-book of my early surroundings, the depth of a sapphire sky, an enormous shady camphor laurel by the nether land of our lush front pasture, the exquisite songbirds as they playfully twittered from branch to branch, silver grey sheets of torrential rain flooding midsummer, and joy that brimmed our young hearts as we played together amidst surroundings that were at once astonishingly beautiful and, because of our youth, nervously tinged with some vague non-descript menace.

Daily we friends played together, forming loving bonds deeper than the waters of our sparkling creek which flowed serenely through the days as it entwined it's lazy motion with the fabric of our very lives. Our bonds were the bonds of belonging to the profundity of each shared unfolding experience, we explored, we discovered, proudly displaying our findings to each other; a group of youthful conspiritors, combatants against the mediocrity of the unknown, each seeking to outdo the others in our quest to experience the depths of richness in a world of imagination, exhuberance, frolic, of caring for each other, and of being ourselves to the fullest of our potential. The long days opened their gracious hearts to us whilst we, quaffing the ambrosial nectar of our carefree lives, formed a partnership with joy that would rival the heavens above.

One morning, one beautiful autumn morning, exciting the senses with its outrageous rustic cacophony of sounds, aromas, and colours, we were ushered into a vehicle that would propel us via a quantum leap towards the world of a different experience. The vehicle was crowded, alternately unbearably hot as we drove through blinding sunlight, cool to cold when our vehicle was in shade. The smell of the exhaust fumes was nausiating, the crush of bodies simultaneously reassuring and uncomfortable, unleashing wild thoughts that threatened at the doors of my normally peaceful, idyllic existence.

After what seemed a minor eternity, our destination arrived before us. Disembarking the vehicle, waiting, milling about aimlessy, disturbed, excited, bewildered, apprehensive. Eyes soaking up the strangeness of our surrounds, ears, the unfamiliarity of alien sounds.

Then, all at once, forced into an enclosure. I felt the fear of my friends combine with my own to form a frantic desire to flee, anywhere, anyhow. Hemmed in, nowhere to run. Sounds growing louder, sharp echoing erruptions of frightful pain spat into my terrified ears, my chest heaved ferociously as my pounding heart cried tears of blood, insane adrenaline pumping outrageously through my veins. At last, I could see what was happening. A dear friend, one with whom I had shared my short precious life was forced into a high walled corridor. I watched in bitter horror as our captor levelled his weapon against my young hapless friend's brain.

Engulfed by an ocean of seething anger, icy cold with fear, confused, hundreds of thoughts and emotions cramming themselves into my overloaded skull, all within the space of a mere second. I understood all too clearly that I was to be next. Sharp pain biting at my lower back and rear end, an electric prodder forcing me involuntarily forward into the blood-stained killing chamber still reeking from the death of my dear friend, a shrieking nightmare chamber of such wretched hoplessness and terror that all the pity of all existence could never erase its memory.

Nothing can save me now. I cry my last good-bye. I, a nameless calf, I die now, a faceless victim of the slaughterhouse, cruelly plucked from life even before my prime.

If you can read this, please put an end to this barbary; end this unnecessary systematic commercial genocide, this epic holocaust. Put an end to this violent rape of the sacred jewel of our youth.

I petition you to please help us.


Joy to ALL beings


Vegetarian recipes

or Google Vegetarian recipes.

Please send a link to this post to everyone you know that eats
http://webtide.blogspot.com/2011/08/paradise-pie.html

No comments: