Friday, September 5, 2008

Chrome is toxic

Chrome is more than a toxic metal

We all know that chrome is a toxic metal utilised by the body in trace amounts but the new Google Chrome browser is quite poisonous.

I turn my computer on in the morning and it stays on till about 9 or 10 pm, sometimes later ... it's on more than 12 hours per day. These last 2 days I have watched the Zone Alarm firewall block the Google Installer about 30 to 40 times. I 'googled' the search "is chrome spyware" and got some very interesting results. Try it yourself.


Try these fellas>>>>

4 Responses to “Google unveils Chrome, the browser (spyware) we were waiting for”

  1. AmericanCitizen Says:

    Run as far away from a Google binary as you can!!! Google is in the business of intelligence gathering and putting their software on your computer is utter suicide for your privacy and security.

  2. Limey Says:

    I tried running the Chrome installer. It only got as far as telling me it wasn’t suitable for my system (Windows 2000), but it had already installed a hidden “updater” program (i.e. spyware) in the Local Settings folder, set to be run every reboot (and stay resident). I discovered it when the firewall trapped it trying to phone home, and removed it with HijackThis.

    This browser is seriously bad news - avoid!

They are from http://harshad.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/google-unveils-chrome-the-browser-spyware-we-were-waiting-for/


Other problems with Chrome

Carpetbomb bug tarnishes Google Chrome

by Marianna Schmudlach Moderator - 9/3/08 7:30 AM
In reply to: Google Chrome Browser URL Handler Crash by Marianna Schmudlach Moderator

Shiny new vulnerabilities winkled out already
By John Leyden
Published Wednesday 3rd September 2008

Google Chrome isn't officially out yet, but security researchers have already picked the browser apart to discover a security vulnerability.

The WebKit engine used inside Chrome leaves it vulnerable to the infamous Safari carpetbombing flaw, security researcher Aviv Raff warns. The flaw stems from a combination of a vulnerability in Apple Safari WebKit and a Java security bug, security blogger Ryan Naraine reports.

More: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_vuln/

Post 20 of 23

Google Chrome Browser Automatic File Download

by Marianna Schmudlach Moderator - 9/3/08 11:25 AM
In reply to: VULNERABILITIES \ FIXES - September 3, 2008 by Marianna Schmudlach Moderator

Summary
Google's new Web browser (Chrome) allows files (e.g., executables) to be automatically downloaded to the user's computer without any user prompt.

Credit:
The information has been provided by nerex.
The original article can be found at: http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/6355

http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5YP060UPFU.html


"DISCLAIMER":

However I am no authority on these things BUT I do earn a fair swag of my living on the net so using a browser occupies a fair portion of my day.

I will say that I get the feeling that sales of Hijack This will go through the roof and that I will keep Chrome for a while. If it proves useful, I'll keep it just for testing websites I build. It is highly unlikely that Chrome will ever become my default browser ... I didn't actually feel very impressed when using it and it lacks things I look for in my browser. Long live Firefox. Slow to load it may be but I only load it once or twice a day ... what's a few seconds wait for the world's best browser (otherwise). Looks like the fox's diet is about to get a lot richer than it has been



Bless all souls

cha

terrence


No comments: